So I haven’t blogged on for a little while but I have a good reason! Fashion!
Well since the 25th of Match I have been doing my Final Major project, or Personal Confirmatory Study. And I have finished!!! :D
Over the course of these weeks I have researched, designed and created three outfits (five garments) for my final :)
Yesterday I put up my final exhibition with the photos that I took this week and I have to say it does look great and I am soo proud :)
My fashion show is on Tuesday and Wednesday which I am also modeling in (uhoh) and unfortunately I won’t get my final results until the 27th so I guess that’s when you’ll hear from me!
I will post up some pictures of my exhibition space soon so you can have a peep :)
I realise on the picture set that I didn’t do a ‘how to’ & I feel that I should! So here goes;
1. Gather your ‘ingredients’ - I used cheap gold chain from a hobby shop as well as coloured cord and rope, get about 1m of each so there’s no waste and don’t forget a clasp! I also bought some ‘jump rings’ (which are basic 5mm rings with a break so you can open and close them) in gold aswell, unfortunately I had to buy the spikes off eBay which took about 2 weeks to arrive.
Altogether that only cost me about £4.50, cheap!
2. Place your chain and rope next to each other then thread the cord through the chain, around the rope and through the next chain link, repeat this until there’s no cord left or you feel that you have enough covered - hint; leave about 10-15cm of chain free of rope so that you can wear it comfortably and can alter the length if you need to.
3. Now the jump rings! I put one in every other loop of cord, I didn’t want there to be too many spikes! Putting the jump rings in can be a little tricky, and it helps if you have some pliers or even some tweezers, as they can be a little tough to open. Once you have put the rings on, spikes away! I used gold (again) but you can change it up if you want :)
4. The finishing touch is putting a small blob of glue on the tips of the cut ends of the rope as this will stop it fraying, and you can also glue down the tied cord at the ends too, to make it a little neater, oh and don’t forget to add the clasp by opening and closing a link of the chain!
5. Wear and be proud, you just made a seriously stylish necklace! You can try making others by changing up the colours or use different spikes or even by making it a charm necklace, the worlds your oyster :)
I really love diy and combining it with fashion is the best idea in centuries! SO.. I am going to venture into the diy jewelry realm and create my own statement necklace. I have been looking up ideas and inspiration for my piece and I hope to post up more information and a ‘how to’ in the next few weeks :)
my intial idea which I think I will be sticking to will be based on neon street style :)
wish me luck ;) xo
So I got back from Berlin early Friday morning after a stressful but very very fun week :)
It was good to get to know the girls on my course a bit better, and also just have a generally good time with everyone :)
So the first day we arrived at about 11 ish, went for lunch and then headed to the Reichstag and the Berlin wall memorial. Both were very interesting and insightful but we. were. knackered. I had to have a nap that evening just to get enough energy to stay up till 10 :|
Tuesday we went to the Jewish museum, the Checkpoint Charlie museum and the Hamburger Banhof. These were all very interesting, two were less arty but I still enjoyed it. Over the course of this trip I have learnt a lot about the Berlin wall and even more about German culture.
Wednesday has to be one of the worst days. I got up in the morning and started to pack my bag for the day when I realised the worst. I HAD LOST MY PASSPORT. yes believe it!
So I took it in my stride and with the help of my mum across the channel and my lecturers, I managed to sort out how to get an emergency passport :) anyways, Wednesday we went to the story of Berlin museum and went to an underground bunker! Then we went to the käthe kalowicz museum and then the film museum which was really cool, especially with all the costumes :)
Thursday was by far the best day, we went too the Bauhaus museum ( :O ) and then I got my passport! Then I went shopping! It just got better and better. Then we just chilled at the hotel and then left!
A very quick week in my opinion, but we managed to fit in soo much, and I managed to keep real calm :) also my friends were a biiiiiig help :) I wouldnt change it for anything!
Expect some pictures up soon! xo
Well! Me and my college foundation are going to Berlin tomorrow! We’ll be there till Friday midnight for a 4 day trip of sightseeing and art gallery-ing :) hopefully I’ll get some fashion knowledge but even if I don’t, I’ll be surprised if I don’t come back inspired :)
So apart from the massive long day tomorrow starting at 2am -.- I’m totally looking forward to it! I’m sure to be taking lots of photos so expect a few collages when I get back!
Auf Wierdersehn! ;) xo